These easy Oreo ice cream sandwiches are my new favorite dessert! Scoops of ice cream stuffed in between Oreos and rolled in toppings is all it takes to get your chocolate fix! And, and and! A video for these babies down below! High fives all around.
And it’s fantastic.
Ice Cream. Oreos. Toppings.
If these weren’t already America’s favorite cookie, they would be now. Plus, I’m pretty sure they’re now ice cream’s favorite cookie. After this Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Cake and Cookies and Cream Oreo Cake, we definitely know they’re cake’s favorite cookie as well.
Gym membership that I cancelled years ago? I might be coming for you now with all this Oreo love going around.
These little pieces of joy are inspired by Klondike’s Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches, which are, in one word, amazing.
But, while I may be biased, I’m a bit more partial to these homemade ones for two reasons:
and, most importantly,
2. These can be made whenever the Oreo/ice cream craving hits (it happens more than I care to admit).
Now, there is one crucial element to making these ice cream sandwiches:
Double Stuf Oreos.
From experience, let me tell you, the regular Oreos are pretty flimsy. In fact, the most recent batch I bought were so flimsy that, not only did I have to do a double take to see if there was even filling inside, I couldn’t split any apart without them cracking.
Now I love Oreos–a lot–but I do feel like they gyp you a whole lot with the regular Oreos.
- 12 Oreos or 24 Oreo Thins
- 12 scoops of ice cream [homemade: https://www.alattefood.com/recipes/frozen-treats/] or store-bought
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Toffee Bits
- Mint Chips
- Anything Your Heart Desires!
- Twist and pull Oreos apart. If using Oreo Thins, you can skip this step (as shown in video above)
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp of ice cream onto one side of the Oreos.
- Place the remaining Oreos on top of the ice cream and slightly press Oreo into the ice cream.
- Roll the sandwiches in your toppings.
- Freeze leftovers.