This post has been sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. and Mars Food, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
This Roasted Ratatouille Bowl is made with fresh roasted vegetables, smoked sausage, and jasmine rice, making it a perfectly comforting and wholesome meal perfect for the fall! This easy fall dinner recipe comes together quickly thanks to Hillshire Farm® Beef Smoked Sausage and Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Jasmine!
Do you have specific memories tied to food? (Please don’t let it just be me…)
Like, do you remember the first time you tried cinnamon rolls? (All the heart eyes for that memory.)
Or the first time you tried those packaged brownies with the crazy sprinkles on top?
Or the first time you had smoked sausage?
Coincidentally, all three of these food related memories happened all thanks to one person—my elementary school best friend (I sure knew how to pick the right friends, am I right??).
I don’t know, it just seems like a universal truth that no matter how great the food was at your own house, the food at your friends’ houses always seemed just a little bit better.
It’s probably the whole “want-what-you-don’t-have” syndrome or something, but all I can say is that I certainly loved sleepovers at her house.
It’s funny, because I can still remember the house she lived in at the time, the places we sat at her dinner table, the TV show they had on in the background, and the first thought I had after tasting Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage over a bed of rice: “I have got to tell my mom to buy this for dinner!”
Even though I’ve had smoked sausage plenty of times since that day way back in fifth grade that first memory will forever be etched in my mind whenever I eat smoked sausage.
Now that fall is upon us and the relaxed summer schedule has been replaced with the busier schedule typical of this time of year, I am always on the hunt for simple meal solutions.
When the weather turns chilly and the evenings grow darker earlier, it can be all too easy to get stuck in a dinner rut. Dinner time tends to sneak up on me and before I know it, I end up gravitating towards the same meal because it’s late and I’m hangry (you know, the place you get when you’re so hungry you’re angry…).
Utilizing quick-and-easy meal solutions, such as Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage and Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Jasmine, can easily help you get out of your dinner rut and into a fall meal extravaganza (I don’t know you about you, but any meal that’s packed with flavor but takes almost no time to put together is a party in my book).
If you don’t naturally think of rice as a main component to your meals, or think of smoked sausage as a fall meal ingredient, heed my advice and give this Roasted Ratatouille a try. It’s filled with all the convenience a quick-and-easy recipe deserves, yet packed with everything a fall meal needs. It’s a heart-warming, comforting meal that’s sure to be a fall dinner staple!
The combination of Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage paired with Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Jasmine is the best way to achieve an easy and affordable fall dinner without sacrificing any taste.
You can find both of these products at your local Target—the Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage in the refrigerated meat section near the hot dogs and bacon and the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Jasmine in the dry rice aisle near the top shelf.
Additionally, if you have the Target app, you can even look up the individual products and the app will let you know what aisle they are located in at your own local Target. Guys, it’s a shopping game changer.
Ready to get dinner started??
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage 1” thick rounds
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Jasmine
- 1 Large Eggplant large diced
- 1 Yellow onion diced
- 1 Red bell pepper large diced
- 1 Zucchini sliced ½” thick rounds
- 1 Yellow Squash sliced ½” thick rounds
- 4 Garlic Cloves rough chopped
- 1 can Tomatoes diced 16 oz.
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano chopped
- 1 jar Kalamata Olives pitted, 6 oz.
- ½ cup Italian Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. Basil fresh/chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Using a 9x13” baking pan add eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, olives, tomatoes, rosemary, oregano and Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage together.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss together until evenly coated.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Follow heating instructions on Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Jasmine and pour into a serving dish.
- Place finished vegetables and Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage on top of rice, and garnish with fresh basil.
Leave a Reply