This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. #LoveThisHolidayTwist #CollectiveBias
These Slow Cooker Peach Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Smokies are such an easy appetizer! Made in the slow cooker, these Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages are wrapped in Wright® Brand Bacon and cooked in a peach barbecue sauce! The perfect addition to any Friendsgiving!
The countdown is on, people! Thanksgiving, aka my favorite holiday, is right around the corner, and I couldn’t be more excited!
While I’ve always loved this holiday, it has been within these past few years that I’ve realized it’s actually my favorite holiday. The Christmas season is my favorite time of year, and for me, Thanksgiving is the unofficial kick-off to Christmas. It’s a day where family and friends gather together to break bread with one another; a day filled with gratitude, reminding us of the love surrounding us.
Back in my sophomore year of college, a few of us decided to host a ‘Friendsgiving.’ It was a last minute idea that ended up turning into an annual event, and it was a time of the year I looked forward to as each fall semester of college began. Usually, the week of Thanksgiving was a bit stressful, as it often fell right when big semester projects were due. The event helped alleviate the stress of the semester for our group of friends, and helped remind us of the important things: love, laughter, life.
Even though college has past, and even though we no longer live in the same apartment complex, Friendsgiving is still alive. While not everyone can attend each year, it is still a special event where we can catch up on the course of the past year while eating fantastic food.
While our Friendsgiving was potluck style, there were always a few staples that made an appearance: turkey, pie, stuffing, and these Bacon Wrapped Smokies.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies are one of my absolute favorite appetizers. The combination of crispy bacon with the smokey sausage creates this incredible appetizer that is full of intense flavor. One of my favorite parts of this recipe is the fact it’s made in the slow cooker. When spending time with friends whom you haven’t seen in a while (or even friends you see everyday), I know for me, being back in the kitchen checking on the food is the last thing I want to be doing (even though I love cooking!).
Slow cookers are game changers, and for this recipe, the slow cooker keeps the Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® tender yet still crisps the Wright® Brand Bacon Hickory Smoked perfectly. And, once done cooking, they stay hot all through the night on the ‘warm’ setting on the slow cooker.
There are a few things that make these Bacon Wrapped Smokies incredible. While I’m typically a fan of anything that includes Wright® Brand Bacon Hickory Smoked, I do love, love, love this particular recipe. There are two ‘secret’ ingredients (but not-so-secret ingredients since they’re in the title of the recipe 😉 ) that give these Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® smoked sausages added flavor: Smoky barbecue sauce and sweet peach jam.
Between the Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® and Hickory Smoked Wright® Brand Bacon in combination with the smoky-and-sweet peach barbecue sauce, this appetizer is a home run every single time! Using Tyson® Brand ingredients can truly help you put together a fabulous feast without any extra stress. Between their products and updated twists on classic recipes (like the peach barbecue sauce addition here!), you can spend time with your friends while also feeling confident the food will be phenomenal.
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages
- 1 package Wright Brand® Bacon Hickory Smoked
- 1 cup barbecue sauce I used a smoky mesquite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup peach jam or peach preserves
- In a bowl, mix peach jam and barbecue sauce together until well combined.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add 3/4 of the peach barbecue sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker, spreading the sauce evenly.
- Cut Wright Brand® Bacon Hickory Smoked into thirds. Wrap each Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages in a piece of bacon, and secure it tightly with a toothpick.
- Place each of the smokies into the slow cooker.
- With a pastry brush, brush the remaining sauce onto the tops of the smokies.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 - 4 hours, until the bacon is crispy. Around the 3 hour mark, move the smokies around in the slow cooker to make sure they all cook evenly.
- Once cooked, set the slow cooker to the 'warm' setting.