This Strawberry Lemon Pie is made with fresh strawberries, lemon curd, and a sweet homemade graham cracker crust! This strawberry pie recipe is super simple to make, sweet and tangy, and the perfect summer dessert! Plus, it’s topped with a homemade whipped cream that’s to die for!
This pretty little strawberry lemon pie recipe is one of my favorite summer desserts! It’s a no bake pie recipe too (well, almost…the strawberry pie filling cooks on the stove)!
I have this secret obsession with book instagrammers, for two reasons.
1. I am a HUGE book nerd.
2. I can’t get over how pretty every shot is. They stage their book shots perfectly, and I could pretty much stare at the photos all. day. long. (See? Nerdy).
Of course, because of this, my never-ending list of book recommendations is now impossibly longer. Oy, the struggle.
There’s a scene in the movie About Time where the dad says something like, “I’ve read everything worth reading twice,” and that’s literally my dream.
Well, that and eating pie everyday of my life without suffering any negative effects.
While I certainly would not ever turn down a slice of Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Cream Pie, Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Pie, or Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie, this Fresh Strawberry Lemon Pie is currently #1 in my head and my heart.
Sweet, tangy, and full of every flavor summer needs right now.
Lately, I have not been able to get enough strawberries.
I’m snacking on them, putting them in fruit salad, adding them to my green salads, throwing them in smoothies, and putting them in pie.
This year’s strawberry season has been amazing! And I’ve been loving every minute of it (and loving every crumb of this pie).
I’m pretty the lady at the strawberry stand knows my car by name. Well, not by name (although he does prefer to be called “Chief”), but by sight.
I love this pie because it’s almost a no-bake pie. While it technically does not bake in the oven, you do have to use the stove for 5-7 minutes or so.
I’m not entirely sure what qualifies as entirely no-bake, so that’s why I’m calling this an almost no-bake pie.
Just in case–I didn’t want to lead any of you astray. 😉
Easy Strawberry Pie Tips and Tricks:
- Before cooking the strawberries, you want to let them “macerate,” which is just a fancy way of saying that you mix the strawberries with sugar, and the sugar helps to “break down” the berries, helping them soften and release their natural juices.
- You can use store bought lemon curd, or you can use homemade lemon curd.
- This strawberry lemon pie does need to be refrigerated for a few hours.
Lastly, if you aren’t a lemon fan, you could definitely leave the curd out of it and just have a strawberry pie (all other ingredients and steps remain the same).
For those who love all things lemon (my people!), the slightly tart addition of the curd totally gives this pie that little something extra.
This Strawberry Lemon Pie is sweet, tangy, and absolutely delish.
Yields 12-14 Slices
This Strawberry Lemon Pie is made with fresh strawberries, lemon curd, and a sweet graham cracker crust! This strawberry pie is super simple to make, sweet and tangy, and the perfect summer dessert! Plus, it's topped with a homemade whipped cream that's to die for!
4 hr, 40 Prep Time
7 minCook Time
4 hr, 47 Total Time
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup lemon curd ( homemade or store-bought)
- 5 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar (depending upon how sweet you like your whipped cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar together until well combined. Press crust into a 9" pie dish. Set aside.
- Add 2 1/2 cups strawberries to a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle sugar over the strawberries, and allow the mixture to macerate for 15 minutes.
- While the strawberries are macerating, spread lemon curd in an even layer on the bottom of the crust. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups of strawberries over the lemon curd, spreading them out in an even layer (as much as possible). Set aside.
- With a fork, mash the macerated strawberries until the strawberries are in soft, small chunks.
- Add macerated strawberries (including all liquid) and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and cook over med-low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together to make a slurry, and add the mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture for 4-5 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely (about 20-30 minutes).
- Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the strawberries in the pie, spreading the mixture evenly.
- Allow the pie to chill for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Once the pie has chilled, whip heavy cream with a standing mixer or hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip until combined.
- Spread whipped cream over pie and top with strawberries, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Here are some other recipes you might love:
This was originally posted in 2016, but it was updated in 2018.