This easy Lemon Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza recipe is made with a sugar cookie mix (although you could easily make it with homemade sugar cookie dough), topped with a creamy marshmallow frosting, and layered with fresh fruit! This easy summer dessert pizza is a perfect dessert recipe for summer picnics, holidays, and parties!
This easy Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza is one of my favorite summer dessert recipes!
Plus, the marshmallow cream cheese frosting makes this dessert pizza practically irresistible!
If something has lemon in it, it’s almost a guarantee that I’m going to love it and immediately declare it, “the best thing ever.”
(Cue this Strawberry Lemon Coffee Cake, these Lemon Blueberry Crumb Cake Muffins, and this Lemon Zucchini Bread.)
I have a lot of “this is the best thing ever!!” moments, and while that may not make me the most reliable source for those picky dessert eaters out there (because while they may be all “it’s too rich” or “it’s too basic” or “I’m just not a dessert person unless it’s amazing” I’ll be well on my way to eating a second helping), I truly am being genuine in my assessment, because in that moment, it is “the BEST THING EVER.”
Obviously, the way to my heart and soul and lifetime of devotion is food.
Bonus points if lemon is involved (or as Stew Deedle would say, “bonus round!” … bonus round points for anyone who gets that reference).
So, this recipe isn’t anything earth-shattering in the sense that there are probably a million and one recipes for a fruit and sugar cookie pizza, BUT, in my humblest of opinions, the flavors in there (ahem, behold the lemon) are pretty earth-shattering.
I’m telling you, a little zest and squeeze of lemon juice completely brightens the flavor of this giant cookie beauty.
It’s simple, but it’s so, so good.
And the frosting!
OMG. I have to shout about it, because I’m as obsessed with it as I was when I was a kid.
You know that marshmallow fluff and cream cheese fruit dip that’s kind of awesome? My mom used to make it when I was little, and I’m telling you, it’s worth every single bite.
It’s sweet and rich but also kind of light (so, it’s magical, obvi), and is by far the best fruit dip I’ve ever had.
*In my whole life.*
It belongs on the cookie. Trust me.
I also went all lazy-girl on you and used a sugar cookie mix for this, but let me tell ya, that Betty Crocker knows what she’s doing when it comes to sugar cookie mixes.
But, should you want to be an over-achiever and make the dough from scratch 😉, feel free to use your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe.
If you are going to use a homemade sugar cookie dough recipe, you should be able to use both a roll-out sugar cookie dough recipe and a drop sugar cookie dough recipe.
Lemon Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Recipe (aka, Sugar Cookie Fruit Tart) Tips & Tricks:
- Let the lemon sugar cookie fruit pizza cool completely before spreading the marshmallow lemon cream cheese frosting. Because of the size of the sugar cookie pizza, the center can take longer than you might think to cool off.
- Store leftovers in the fridge (or if you make this ahead of time, which you definitely can do, store it in the fridge until ready to serve. Make ahead desserts are the best, right??).
- Use whatever fruit is in season, or whatever fruit you have on hand! You can completely mix it up and customize it however you want to.
- 1 package sugar cookie dough, plus all ingredients on the back of the package, or your favorite homemade sugar cookie dough.
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Fruit of your choice
- Prepare sugar cookie dough to the specifications of your package (or homemade recipe). Add the lemon zest to the dough, and mix until it is incorporated.
- On a circular baking sheet, press the sugar cookie dough into a large circle (roughly 10-12" in diameter), about 1/4" thick. Bake for the allotted time on your package.
- Once the cookie has cooled, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until well combined.
- Spread frosting evenly over the cookie (if you prefer a thinner frosting, you can half the frosting recipe). Top with your choice of fruit.
- Store leftovers in fridge.
*You can make this 1-2 days ahead of time. However, I would suggest adding the berries on at the last minute.
(This was originally posted in 2016 but has been updated in 2018.)
Here are some other recipes you might love!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This fruit pizza looks awesome – that lemon sugar cookies base itself has me drooling 🙂
This is beautiful! My kids would go crazy for this!
Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen says
I’ve always liked the sugar cookie pizzas – but this lemony version sounds like I’d LOVE it…YES PLEASE!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
We love cookie pizza! So fun to make and eat! 😀
eat good 4 life says
I have not made this in a long time. Your version looks super awesome.
amanda @ fake ginger says
I am also the kind of person who has never met a dessert I didn’t like. The idea that something can be “too rich” blows my mind.
This is beautiful! I could definitely go for a slice or 2!