This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of International Delight. As always, the opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
This easy Homemade Mocha Coconut Latte is full of sweet coconut and rich chocolate mocha flavor, thanks to International Delight’s One Touch Latte!
It’s no secret that mocha coconuts have my whole heart.
We’ve probably discussed at length my love for the mocha coconut-y things in life, including the time I temporarily lost my sense of reality, and sent a strongly worded email to a nearby coffee shop that took my all-time favorite drink, aka the Mocha Coconut, off the menu.
In my defense, I was graduating college and the whole “what am I going to do with my life??” was overwhelming. I was a mess of emotions—proud of my accomplishment, yet terribly sad that chapter of my life was closing. In that moment, I panicked at the uncertainty of the future, and an inconsequential thing, such as a drink being taken off the menu (I’m totally rolling my eyes at myself here, because, come on, Michelle, really?) was apparently the last straw.
It’s been a few years, I’ve gotten over it, and I’ve taken to making my favorite summer treat at home (#adulting).
Now, here’s the thing…
I’ve never had a hot mocha coconut. They’ve always been iced or blended or cold-brewed (or in the form of a Mocha Cream Pie or Mocha Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich), and while that’s all well and good, just think about how amazing a homemade mocha coconut would taste all warm and latte-like.
Right? It sounds amazing, does it not?
So let’s talk about what components actually make up this amazingly delicious and easy homemade mocha coconut latte.
Obviously, coffee plays a role, and coconut plays a role as well.
But the star of the show is the One Touch Latte from International Delight. Guys, have you seen this in stores?? It’s probably the most genius invention I’ve ever seen.
The One Touch Latte comes in 3 flavors: Mocha (used in this recipe), Vanilla, and Caramel. All you do is fill your coffee mug 2/3 of the way full, shake your One Touch Latte, tilt it, and press hard for 5-7 seconds.
I not only love how simple this product is, I love that I can have my favorite coffeehouse drink anywhere or anytime I want.
I was on vacation a few days ago, in a gorgeous and secluded place (so secluded that coffeehouses don’t exist), and I was able to make a morning latte or afternoon pick-me-up within seconds (that pretty Caramel Latte above).
Seriously, the coffee lover in me could not adore this product more! It’s a total game changer.
For this recipe, you could use either coconut flavored coffee, or a coconut syrup. I did not have coconut coffee on hand, so I did use coconut syrup, which, in addition to the toasted coconut on the rim of the mug, gives this drink it’s coconut flavor. The final component to this Homemade Mocha Coconut Latte is International Delight’s One Touch Latte, which infuses this drink with mocha flavor and the perfect latte foam.
The Mocha One Touch Latte has a soft brown color hue while the Caramel and Vanilla are white.
Although I used only the Mocha One Touch Latte in this recipe, feel free to use whichever option you want, or mix them together!
How amazing would a Mocha Coconut Caramel Latte taste?! (Note to self: Get on that.)
Here is a step-by-step video below 👇🏻
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate, melted (I used semi-sweet)
- 1 1/3 cups brewed coffee
- 1 tsp coconut syrup (often found in the coffee aisle)
- International Delight’s One Touch Latte Mocha
- Over medium-low heat, toast coconut for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once it has turned golden brown, remove from the heat and place in a wide-mouthed, small bowl.
- In a wide-mouthed, small bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals on 50% power, stirring after each hit in the microwave, until melted.
- Dip each mug into the melted chocolate, then dip immediately into the toasted coconut (the melted chocolate helps the coconut adhere to the mug).
- Stir coconut syrup and coffee together.
- Divide the coffee evenly between the two mugs.
- Infuse each mug with International Delight’s One Touch Latte (Mocha flavor) by following the directions on the side of the can: Shake it, tilt it, press it hard for at 5-7 seconds, and enjoy!
- Serve immediately.
You can find One Touch Latte at any grocery store nationwide, near International Delight coffee creamer products.
A couple quick notes about this multi-sensory experience that adds sweetness, frothiness, and foam to your daily coffee routine:
1. Make sure to hold the nozzle firmly when using this product, for at least 5 seconds. This creates the maximum latte experience, as the end product should be smooth and creamy, rather than looking like whipped cream.
2. Breaking the seal can be tricky on each One Touch Latte, thus, before you use, remove the cap and pull back on the nozzle to pop it open. Voila! You are good to go!