This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateWithCoffee #CollectiveBias
These easy baked chocolate donuts are filled with coffee and rich chocolate, and topped with a chocolate peppermint glaze. The perfect Christmas dessert! A simple chocolate donut recipe you’re sure to love!
How in the world are we less than a month away from Christmas? I pretty much wait the whole year for the Christmas season, but once it arrives, it tends to pass in a blur of red and green. I desperately want to put the brakes on time so I can prolong the season as long as possible. Since it’s impossible to do that, I spend the season trying to enjoy every single moment.
Enjoying the season to the fullest begins with the flavors of the season. Peppermint is my favorite seasonal flavor, and during the month of December I drink an embarrassing amount of peppermint mochas. Like, real embarrassing. It’s Christmas though–calories don’t count, right?? That’s what New Year’s resolutions are for…
Despite drinking my weight in peppermint mochas, I still want that peppermint mocha flavor pretty much anyway I can get it. Case and point, these delightfully holiday-ish peppermint mocha donuts! Look how festive they are! I’m in love.
There’s nothing that screams Christmas more to me than the combination of mint and chocolate. There’s something incredibly homey about peppermint, as well as other seasonal flavors. They bring about visions of cozy blankets, hot cups of coffee (filled with seasonal creamer, of course!), and classic Christmas movies. Seriously, could there be anything more comforting?? 🙂
These rich chocolate donuts are baked in the oven, which gives them a cake-like texture that’s unbeatable. They’re sweet yet offset by the peppermint flavor, and the combination of chocolate, coffee, and peppermint is incredible.
The ingredients for this basic chocolate donut recipe are simple, but the flavors are bold, rich, and absolutely delicious. There are a couple ingredients that make these donuts out of this world good: Dunkin’ Donuts® Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee and Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer. Between the richness of the creamer and the smoothness of the coffee, these donuts are extra (extra–ha), decadent!
When paired with a cup of Dunkin’ Donuts® Pumpkin Coffee, you’ve got the holiday dessert of the season!
Christmas in a donut.
These easy baked chocolate donuts are filled with coffee and rich chocolate, and topped with a chocolate peppermint glaze. The perfect Christmas dessert! A simple chocolate donut recipe you're sure to love!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp Dunkin' Donuts® Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut Pre-pack Bag, brewed (and cooled to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Dunkin' Donuts® Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut Pre-pack Bag, brewed
- 2-4 Tbsp Dunkin Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract (it's very strong, and a little goes a long way)
- Crushed Peppermint Candies
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a donut pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder together until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg, coffee, and half & half together. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined (batter will be fairly thick).
- Add in sour cream, vanilla extract, and canola oil; mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased donut pan, filling each donut cavity about 3/4 of the way full (this batter can make about 7-8 donuts).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the donut 'springs' back when touched. Allow to cool a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and cocoa powder together. Add in coffee, and 2 Tbsp of creamer, and whisk until combined. If the glaze feels too thick, add in remaining creamer, 1 Tbsp at a time (I used 3 Tbsp, but I do prefer a thicker glaze).
- Add in peppermint extract, and mix until well combined.
- Dip each donut into the glaze, and top with crushed peppermint candies. Allow the glaze to set, about 10 minutes.
You can find Dunkin’ Donuts® products, like Dunkin’ Donuts® Pumpkin Coffee, Dunkin’ Donuts® Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee, and Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer at Target!
Although I used only Dunkin’ Donuts® in this recipe, Folgers® and WhiteWave products (such as International Delight® creamers) are also the perfect ingredients for a perfect holiday!
Target is pretty much my go-to for all things (coffee, Christmas decor, food–you name it, I’ve probably bought it 🙂 ). They seriously have everything. Am I right?? Currently, Cartwheel, Target’s app, has great rewards on coffee. Be sure to save on a variety of coffee creamers, Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee, and Folgers® Coffee with these Cartwheel offers!