This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReinventSweet#CollectiveBias
This easy puppy chow (muddy buddies) recipe is full of chocolate, peanut butter, and both Butterfinger Fun-Size Candy Bars and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis! This Butterfinger Puppy Chow is the best party snack around!
I’m pretty sure the best way to eat a Butterfinger is in some form of dessert. It’s the perfect way to take something already downright amazing and transform it into something over-the-top–aka, something perfect.
Chocolate. It’s my life.
And, plus, since I’m an adult and all (despite how ridiculously giddy I still get about candy bars), I can do whatever I want with any leftover Halloween candy.
Oh, oh yeah.
Butterfinger Puppy Chow is how every Thursday should look (or taste) like. In fact, in a perfect world, I’m pretty sure everyday would include Butterfinger Puppy Chow.
When I was younger, I had this problem where I didn’t eat any of my candy.
I really was normal, I swear.
It wasn’t because I didn’t love candy like any other kid, it was more that I wanted to savor it, because Halloween only comes around once a year and the likelihood of me having a giant shoebox of candy any other time of the year was pretty slim. Of course, this meant that my candy all went bad before I actually ate it, so in the end, I really missed out.
It was a real life lesson there.
Clearly, I’m making up for lost time in the candy department. I don’t hate it, guys. 😉
This easy puppy chow recipe is full of chocolate, peanut butter, and both BUTTERFINGER® Fun-Size Candy Bars and BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis!
- 4 cups Rice or Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 oz baking chocolate (semi-sweet or milk chocolate),
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 BUTTERFINGER® Fun-Size Bars
- 1 cup BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Over a double broiler or in the microwave (in 20-second increments), melt chocolate on low heat, stirring frequently to avoid the chocolate burning or seizing. Once melted, pull off of heat.
- In a separate bowl, melt peanut butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until liquidy.
- Chop the six candy bars into small pieces, set aside.
- Mix 2 cups of cereal with chocolate, stirring the cereal gently in order to coat all pieces evenly. Add half of the chopped candy bars to the mix, stirring gently.
- Mix 2 cups of cereal with the peanut butter, stirring gently in order to coat all pieces evenly. Add the last of the chopped candy bars, stirring gently.
- In 1 large gallon ziplock bag, mix 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and chocolate cereal together. Zip the bag up (with air inside) and shake the cereal until all pieces are coated with powdered sugar (some will be more coated than others, which is fine).
- In a second large gallon ziplock bag, mix 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and peanut butter cereal together. Zip the bag up (with air inside) and shake the cereal until all pieces are coated with powdered sugar (some will be more coated than others, which is fine).
- Once coated, mix both cereals in a large bowl, adding in the Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis.