This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BiteSizedBitsOfJoy #CollectiveBias
This easy, no-bake chocolate coconut cream pie recipe is the perfect summer dessert! Whipped cream, chocolate cream, and coconut cream are layered on top of a Keebler cookie crust! It’s glorious.
But really, though. Despite what the calendar says, in my book, we have officially crossed into the land of summer–the glorious land of summer vacations, creamy no-bake pies, and backyard barbecues. The trifecta of summer, if you will.
It’s a beautiful thing, people. It’s a beautiful thing.
My grandparents built a cabin in the mountains back before I was born, and for my family, that has been our vacation spot for over 25 years. By far, it is my favorite place in the entire world, and some of my fondest memories of my childhood occurred within those cabin walls.
Since we have been visiting the cabin annually for so many years, there are a few traditions we have accumulated through the years that have become non-negotiables. In true Verkade fashion, most of these traditions involve food, because, well, my love of all things sugar, spice, and everything nice is most definitely genetic (thanks, Dad).
The biggest staple of our summer vacation food frenzy? Cookies. And these E.L. Fudge Keebler cookies fit the bill every time.
I tend to get nostalgic fairly easily. A scent, taste, or sound can tug at my heart strings and immediately bring me back to a time in my life or a memory of something past. As simple as it is, these E.L. Fudge Keebler cookies remind me of being a kid and the anticipation I felt when we were on our way to the cabin.
These little bites of joy (because trust me, chocolate cookies bring a joy like no other) are the perfect addition to your summer memories (and dessert table). They’re buttery, chocolatey, and from my experience, can keep the peace between two sisters (because it’s impossible to bicker when eating dessert–true story). In fact, if your story ends like mine, the two sisters grow up to be best friends who, still to this day, share a love for Keebler cookies, the cabin, and reminiscing about how much they annoyed (lovingly, right? ?) each other back in the day.
This easy, no-bake chocolate coconut cream pie recipe is the perfect summer dessert! Whipped cream, chocolate cream, and coconut cream are layered on top of a Keebler cookie crust! It's glorious.
- 1 (15 oz) package E.L. Fudge Keebler Cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant coconut pudding
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toasted Coconut
- Shaved Chocolate
- With a food processor, crush E.L Fudge Keebler cookies until finely ground. Mix crushed cookies with melted butter until well combined. Press cookie crust into a 9" or 10" round pie plate. Set aside.
- Mix milk and instant coconut cream pie pudding together, whisking until the pudding begins to thicken.
- Add in cream cheese, and beat until mixture is well combined. Add in coconut, and stir. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments on 50% power, stirring after each hit in the microwave, until melted. Allow to cool 1-2 minutes.
- Mix chocolate and cream cheese together until well combined. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form and the cream is thick.
- Spread the coconut cream filling over the bottom of the crust. Top with the chocolate cream filling, making sure to spread evenly over the coconut filling.
- Add the whipped cream on top, spreading evenly.
- Top with toasted coconut and chocolate shavings if desired.
- Chill for at least 1-2 hours, as it will give the pie a chance to thicken up. Refrigerate leftovers.
If your love of Keebler Cookies is as deep as mine, be sure to head to your local Kroger Banner store and pick up a pack or two! Until then, be sure to check out the sweepstakes down below!