This easy s’mores oreo bark recipe is full of the classic s’more flavors! The perfect summer snack or dessert!
The weirdest thing happened today!
As we all know, it’s the middle of July, meaning it’s warm, sunny, flip flops and shorts season, and a ways away from any fall or winter holidays. So, as I was strolling through Hobby Lobby, I stumbled upon this giant aisle of Christmas decorations.
Now, I am a HUGE fan of Christmas. HUGE. Like, fairly obsessed. I wear ugly Christmas sweaters and have a countdown on my phone. I watch every Christmas movie known to man and have to watch all of the Christmas episodes of my favorite shows (multiple times). I have to bake sugar cookies and drink peppermint mochas. And don’t even get me started on homemade cracker toffee.
However, even I can admit that mid-July (regardless of Christmas in July) is just too early to have Christmas decorations out. Corporate America, we still have Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving to get through first.
So, obviously, I decided to make the most quintessential summer dessert: S’mores Oreo Bark. You’re killin’ me, Smalls.
This no-bake treat begins with a bottom layer of grahams, a thin layer of chocolate, a smattering of Oreos and marshmallows, more chocolate, and lastly a topping of Oreos and marshmallows.
I mean, with ingredients like this, how can this not be anything but great? Plus, when it’s broken up into pieces, you can have s’mores any time of the day regardless of where the campfire is.
It’s also such a simple recipe, and it can easily be doubled to make an extra large batch. If you don’t have Oreos, you can feel free to omit them from the recipe, but, I mean, Oreos. In my family, resistance is pretty much futile!
Do you want s’more?? (Hint—that was a rhetorical question, because, obviously, you want more 😉 )
10 minPrep Time
- 4 Graham Crackers
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- 4 Oreos (2 golden and 2 regular)
- Line an 8 x 11 pan with foil.
- Place 4 graham crackers side by side in the pan.
- In the microwave or over a double broiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate over the grahams (so that the first layer of toppings will stick).
- Sprinkle half the Oreos and marshmallows over the grahams.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate over the grahams and top with remaining marshmallows and Oreos.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Break apart into pieces and enjoy!