S’mores Oreo Bark: All the campfire taste in a no bake dessert. Easy, delicious, and incredibly addicting!
The weirdest thing happened today!
As we all know, it’s the middle of July, meaning it’s warm, sunny, flip flops and shorts season, and a ways away from any fall or winter holidays. So, as I was strolling through Hobby Lobby, I stumbled upon this giant aisle of Christmas decorations.
Now, I am a HUGE fan of Christmas. HUGE. Like, fairly obsessed. I wear ugly Christmas sweaters and have a countdown on my phone. I watch every Christmas movie known to man and have to watch all of the Christmas episodes of my favorite shows.
However, even I can admit that mid-July (regardless of Christmas in July) is just too early to have holiday decorations out.
Which is why I took this picture of these pretty, pretty flowers–to remind myself that regardless of commercialized sales, it’s still sunny and ’75. It’s a beautiful reminder to enjoy each day and be thankful for what it brings instead of always waiting for the future.
In the spirit of living in the present of summer, I decided something s’more-ish was definitely on the menu. You can see my love of s’mores here and here, but I can’t get enough of the delicious flavors brought about by 3 simple ingredients: chocolate, grahams, and marshmallows.
Of course, to up the ante, I added both golden and regular Oreos to the bark.
Not to pat myself on the back, but it was an excellent decision.
I mean, with ingredients like this, how can this not be anything but great? Plus, when it’s broken up into pieces, you can have s’mores any time of the day regardless of where the campfire is.
This cute face just couldn’t understand why I was photographing food instead of playing with her. I just couldn’t resist giving her a little face time on the blog 🙂
10 minPrep Time
- 4 Graham Crackers
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- 4 Oreos (2 golden and 2 regular)
- Line an 8 x 11 pan with foil.
- Place 4 graham crackers side by side in the pan.
- In the microwave or over a double broiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate over the grahams (so that the first layer of toppings will stick).
- Sprinkle half the Oreos and marshmallows over the grahams.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate over the grahams and top with remaining marshmallows and Oreos.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Break apart into pieces and enjoy!
Check out my other quick recipes here.